How Long do Pore Vacuum Bruises Last?
If you’re someone who struggles with blackheads, whiteheads, and other skin blemishes, you might have heard of pore vacuums. Pore vacuums are devices that use suction to remove debris, dirt, and oil from the pores of the skin. While pore vacuums can be an effective tool for improving the appearance of your skin, they can also cause bruising.
Many people who use pore vacuums experience bruising around the area that was suctioned. Bruising can be a bit alarming, especially if you’re not used to it. But the good news is that bruising is a common side effect of pore vacuums, and it’s usually nothing to worry about. In this article, we’ll discuss how long pore vacuum bruises last and what you can do to speed up the healing process.
What causes pore vacuum bruises?
Bruising is caused by the suction of the pore vacuum on the skin. When the suction is strong, it can cause tiny blood vessels in the skin to break, which results in a bruise. The severity of the bruising will depend on the strength of the suction and the sensitivity of your skin. Some people are more prone to bruising than others, and this is completely normal.
How long do pore vacuum bruises last?
Pore vacuum bruises can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the severity of the bruising. Mild bruising usually disappears within a few days, while more severe bruising can take up to two weeks to heal completely.
While you might be tempted to cover up the bruises with makeup, it’s important to let your skin breathe and heal naturally. Applying makeup can clog pores and make the bruising worse.
How to speed up the healing process?
There are several things you can do to speed up the healing process and minimize the appearance of bruising:
- Apply a cold compress: Applying a cold compress to the affected area can help reduce swelling and bruising. Wrap an ice pack or a bag of frozen peas in a towel and apply it to the bruised area for 10-15 minutes at a time.
- Take Arnica supplements: Arnica supplements can help reduce inflammation and bruising. Take them as directed on the package.
- Use aloe vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling and bruising. Apply aloe vera gel to the bruised area a few times a day.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help flush toxins out of your body and promote healing.
- Avoid sun exposure: Sun exposure can make bruising worse and slow down the healing process. Avoid direct sunlight and wear sunscreen if you need to go outside.
The Bottom Line
Pore vacuum bruises are a common side effect of using pore vacuums. While they can be a bit unsightly, they usually heal on their own within a few days to a few weeks. To speed up the healing process, apply a cold compress, take Arnica supplements, use aloe vera, stay hydrated, and avoid sun exposure. If you experience severe bruising or if your bruising lasts longer than two weeks, it’s best to consult a dermatologist.