Today we will review the Shark Cordless Pet Stick Vacuum. This vacuum has been in our possession for quite some time now. After using it a few times we’ve noticed it picking up lots of hair that our previous vacuum cleaner left behind. The cordless feature makes it easy to move between rooms. There are two dogs and a cat in our household, and we are very happy with how great it is. Our one regret is not buying it sooner!
Features and Benefits
- Due to the size of the bottom sweeper, you can pick up more debris with fewer passes. I like this, but it gets in the way in tighter corners.
- While using the vacuum, you can pull the trigger on the handle to make the suction go to its maximum power. The trigger should not need to be held down to keep this setting, but it works extremely well too.
- The emptying of the canister is simple. As you hold the vacuum over the trash can, the lid drops down when you press a side button.
- It takes about three hours to charge from empty. You can also see the charge level on the power indicator.
- As the wand is flexible, you do not need to bend over to reach under furniture.
- This vacuum delivers unbeatable cleaning on hard floors and carpets compared to all other Shark cordless vacuums without hair wrap, thanks to its powerful suction and self-cleaning brush roll.
Pros of Shark IZ163H Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum
The battery is removable and twice powerful as compared to the capacity of the entry-level model.
The vacuum has a nice size and feels to it. It isn’t heavy and doesn’t require a lot of maneuvering.
This model also has a handle swivel that locks in position.
This cordless vacuum cleaner is equipped with removable handheld hoses for floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
This vacuum is also impressive because of its power and lightweight.
It takes fewer trips to empty the trash basket because it’s quite large.
There’s a nice floor setting that picks up crumbs nicely. The process is easy.
It also does a good job with rugs. Unlike most cordless vacuums, you will be able to pick up dust from rugs.
Its built-in pivot (activated by a button) makes it easy to maneuver under beds and in tight spaces.
Cons of Shark IZ163H Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Shark IZ163H sometimes gets clogged by human hair.
It sounds not very pleasing to some people. Sometimes it sounds like something is stuck in it.
It’s not very good at cleaning the fuzz from stuffed toys.
It’s a bit pricey compared to other models.
Some people said it lost a little bit of its suction power after some months of usage.
Personal Experience and Testing
There are 1250 square feet of carpet in our townhouse, and we can vacuum it all in one charge, with a little bit left over. A smaller battery would be an issue.
There’s nothing better than not having to worry about a cord when you’re cleaning. Using both settings, this vacuum lasts about 35 minutes on the lower setting and 40 minutes on the higher setting. Likewise, all the hardwood floors and rugs have to be done first on the low level and then we must go back over the rugs on the high level, and I can finish it all in a 1250 square foot townhouse in time.
Is it Worth the Price?
Though twice as expensive as the cheaper model, we are glad we got it. Previously, we owned battery-powered vacuums that were less expensive but not powerful enough to handle the job. However, this cordless, lightweight vacuum is simply wonderful and much easier to use. If it’s being stored upright, the entry-level model won’t stand up by itself. It requires support. It is foldable and can be tucked into a closet.
The Bottom Line
So in this review, we learned that designed specifically for pet owners, the Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Vacuum includes several features. This cordless vacuum cleaner is lightweight. You can also reach under appliances with ease with MultiFlex technology. All in all, it is the best vacuum you can buy. I would highly recommend this vacuum, as it is great.